Friday, August 9, 2013

Paleo It Foward: Take 1

So, yesterday I was listening to the Balanced Bites podcast and I was a tad bit inspired by Liz to start blogging.  I know that the podcast is supposed to inspire me to be a better paleo-er {and normally it does} but yesterday it prompted me to join the over-crowded inter-webs and put my voice out there. 

Thanks Liz and Diane.  If you're listening, I sort of have a big crush on you both.  Call me maybe. 

Anywaaaay.  There are a lot of noble reasons to start blogging.  They range from sharing knowledge to creating awareness to promoting a business.  

I will do none of these.

My noble reason is so that my husband doesn't have to hear me wax poetic about paleo all the day long.  Here's the thing.  I am one of those lucky gals whose hubs is in-it-to-win-it with paleo.  He is all for eating clean, he gets the benefits...blah, blah, blah.  BUT, for whatever reason, he doesn't want to talk about it incessantly, obsess about it, analyze it, and research it non-stop.  Like me.

It's weird how he is interested in other things.  Oh, well.  
Lucky for me he is on board with paleo.  
Lucky for you {and him} I'll be blogging about our paleo-life.  

I am calling it "Paleo It Forward" because, at the very least, I hope to share the good stuff that I learn.  I'll pass along good articles, websites, bloggers, recipes...anything I think might make your life a little better.

Just to be clear about a few things so you don't get made at me: 

~ I don't write recipes but I excel at testing them and reporting my opinions.


~ I am not a food photographer so the photos I take of our Tuesday meatloaf will probably disappoint you.


~ This is MY blog and the only person whose expectations I am concerned about meeting are my own.  


The rest of the scoop about me is as follows --> I (& the hubs) are in our mid-awesome-30s, we have 2 cave-kiddos (5yo & 2yo), we eat on a BUDGET, we do as much organic/grass-fed/real food as we can manage.  I meal-plan-prep, exercise, and don't blow-dry my hair.  I am currently growing out my bangs so I might talk about that sometimes, too.

I sort of plan to talk more about paleo-kids and the budget issue another time because I have a lot of things to say about that {and my husband is tired of hearing it, hence, this blog}.  

The first thing that I'll "Paleo It Forward" for you is a list of my fave bloggers {in no particular order other than the order that they come into my mind}:
Michelle Tam @ Nom Nom Paleo
Diane Sanfillipo  @ Balanced Bites 
Jennifer Maltby @ The Unrefined Kitchen {best paleo pizza crust}
OK, that's all I can think of off the top of my head without going to my FB page to see all the pages that I like.

Enjoy.
{Gosh, I hope this isn't horrible.}

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to follow your insights and how-tos, Trisha! Let the info flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed you blog post. I will let you do the research and I will read what you have learned. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I don't mind doing the work...I've been doing it, so I might as well publish it somewhere!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tip on The Unrefined Kitchen. I didn't know about that one.

    ReplyDelete