Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grocery Update

So, it's August 21 and I've done a little more grocery shopping...I promise not to bore you with my grocery shopping escapades every month.  

As exciting as it may be. 

I spent $112.77 at two different stores so I am still within my budget with ten days left in the month.  I have $8.96 left!  You can see my first grocery post here.





As the month progresses, there are a few things I am noticing about this month's spending.  

1.  I mentioned before that I would prefer to think of groceries as a YEARLY expense but that isn't how most people approach it.  This month is a great example of how the monthly approach doesn't work for me.  

2.  I did a lot of PANTRY STOCKING this month.  If I go over my $400 it will be because of the items that I got this month that I won't need to purchase for another 3-6 months.  
{coconut oil, coffee, 7 1/2 doz eggs for baking/freezing muffins, etc. for lunches, fish sticks = $50.26}

3.  Plus, I stocked some ON-SALE ITEMS that will be ideal for school lunches {applesauce pouches were on sale at Costco!}.  Normally I buy applesauce by the jar but the pouches were on sale AND my sweet cave-girl is about to start Kindergarten...I think she deserves some special organic squeezie applesauce :-) 

4.  I need to be more aware of tracking the THIS-IS-A-SPECIAL-TREAT items that I buy throughout the month.  This month it was fresh mozzarella and basil {because our garden tomatoes were screaming for fresh mozz and basil}.  And tortilla chips earlier this month for some much *needed* nachos.  Life goes on *sigh.*  Those purchases came to $12.97.

I don't anticipate doing any more shopping this month, so it looks like I'll probably meet my budget goal :-)  Yay me!

Lots of people ask me what DO we eat on a paleo lifestyle.  Well, you can check out the receipts in this post and my previous post to see what I bought at the grocery store.  Our dinners are pretty ho-hum {ahhhemmm...ask my cave-man..."How many more nights are we having chicken with vegetables" is something I might have heard before...} so there is very little gourmet dining in our cave!  Check out last night's feast:  turkey burgers, bacon, salad, tomatoes, and mushrooms.



PLANTS & PROTEIN! 

In other news -- my bangs are growing out nicely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment